2016年4月5日 星期二

Guess How Much I Love You

  • Book title

Guess How Much I Love You

  • Author

Sam McBratney

  • Analysis of the Story

Flat characters

Protagonist  Little Nutbrown Hare
Antagonist  None
Foil character  Big Nutbrown Hare
Supporting character  Big Nutbrown Hare  

Setting  integral

Narrative point of view  omniscient narrator

Plot  sequential

Theme  

Little Nutbrown Hare loved Big Nutbrown Hare so much that he wanted to describe how great his feelings are to his dad.  He tried to use so many things to describe his love, but they found out that love, somehow, was not an easy thing to measure. 

Style  

Simple and lovely word choice, short sentence length, and warm and thoughtful dialogue in the story. 

Tone

Tranquil and peaceful atmosphere from the beginning to the end since that Little Nutbrown Hare was going to sleep, and his father and him were discussing about how deep their love were.

  • Reflection

       Somehow I cried after I read this picture book.  Probably it was because of the line of this book, the love between Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare, or, it was because of the incident just happened to a young child on the news couple days ago.  When I was reading this book, a terrible tragedy was reported on TV.  A four-year-old little girl was killed by a man, who was a total stranger to her, randomly on the street.  This news enraged almost all the people in Taiwan. However, this little girl and what happened to her came to my mind when I glanced over the title of this book.  I truly want to read this book for her, with a so tender voice, telling her how much we love her.  I will pray for her, may this little innocent child rest in everlasting peace.
         This book was the warmest book I have ever read.  Without any complex plot and story, I was moved by all the lines in the story.  Sometime we will try to tell, to express, or to describe how much we love somebody.  We use words and actions to show our feelings.  However, this kind of feeling is not an easy thing to express and to measure.  How can we tell how much we love a person?  We might say it is deeper than the ocean, or it is higher than Mt Everest.  Little Nutbrown Hare described his love with so many different ways, and found that his father could always give him the answers to show his greater love.  This book is indeed a fantastic book for children to realize how much their parents care and love them.  Whenever we think we love our father and mother, they always provides us with stronger and deeper love as well.  I WILL absolutely read this book to my child every night before he or she go to sleep if I could.  Although love and gratitude are hard to measure, it is always important to express these feelings to those who make you feel like that.  
        To my dearest father, mother, and those who love me like I do, I love you till the moon and back.
Photos' copyright was owned by https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Guess_How_Much_I_Love_You_Cover_Art.jpg and http://www.guesshowmuchiloveyou.com/assets/000/000/170/GHMILY_homepage_05_fullpage.jpg?1422979605



沒有留言:

張貼留言